Sunday, July 5, 2026

An Update on the KUWC Blog

Okay, so, I decided to pay a timely visit to this blog after branching out to my creative endeavors (self-publishing my memoir about high school, working on my two Substack pages before dabbling with Leaflet, making a couple of short films, and gaining attention for my zines at Quimby's Bookstore in Chicago). I realized that I have missed the "dear diary" phase I was in, when I started writing posts for this blog.

I was pretending to write like Martha Stewart, writing what small things, memories, or dreams I wanted to share. I didn't think I could find any more platforms to feed my dopamine content creation.

Sometimes, I wanted to go back to this blog. And I did. I may have two Substack newsletters (Cristobal Martinez (main) and Keeping Up With Cristobal (lifestyle)), but the latter Substack felt more like writing for a magazine. I wanted to revisit what I had made of this blog before I had gotten ahead of myself about the quantity (audience) over the quality (my true self).

Now, I just did and redesigned the blog page to give it a bit of that cozy feeling. I'm thinking about studying Martha Stewart's own blog, which is different from her popular website, to get myself back into the feeling of writing what I'm currently experiencing in the moment.

I have been thrifting cool things, like this Ty Beanie Baby of Tiny the Chihuahua (shown above), and I'm kinda looking for more physical media in my collection.

Chauncy above this text was between two old 1999 issues of Martha Stewart Living Magazine. That's how I roll as an autistic queer person (I'm biromantic homosexual, and currently in a lavender relationship with my girlfriend and bestie, Franny).

I just can't wait to share more about what's been happening, again. The KUWC Substack can be its own digital magazine, while the KUWC blog can remain my digital journal for the world to discover.

It's good to be back,
Cristobal Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment